This is a special season on God’s calendar—starting with the “High Holy Days” and climaxing with the Feast of Tabernacles. It’s a season of supernatural harvests, reminding us that there are two different economies in which we can choose to live.
The world’s economic system says work hard, be smart, and you’ll be rewarded. It’s all up to you. In contrast, God’s economic system is based on the law of seedtime and harvest. He says He will take care of you if you’re obedient to His commandments and faithful in your tithes and special offerings.
While the world says hold on to what you have, God says, “Give, and it will be given to you” (Luke 6:38). And while the world says hoarding our wealth brings prosperity, God says withholding what you have will lead to poverty (Proverbs 11:24-25).
Every promise in the Word of God has a condition attached to it. The Lord tells us in Malachi 3:10, “Prove Me.” In other words, “If you’ll do ‘this,’ I’ll do ‘that.’”
Though our salvation has nothing to do with any actions on our part, other than believing and receiving His free gift of eternal life, the blessings we receive from God have everything to do with our obedience … fulfilling His conditions.
The Lord’s amazing love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness are 100% unconditional, but He puts specific conditions on the receipt of His promised blessings.
Special Day on God’s Calendar
Although God can give us a breakthrough any time He wants, He has special days of blessing on His calendar. He calls these His “Appointed Times,” when He promises to do extraordinary
miracles in our lives if we honor Him and follow His instructions.
Along with the Feast of Passover and the Feast of Pentecost, the Feast of Tabernacles is one of the Appointed Times. It commemorates God’s care and protection of His people when they journeyed from Egypt to the Promised Land. During the Feast of Tabernacles, we’re reminded each year…
There is shelter, protection, and provision in the tabernacle of God’s presence!
The Feast of Tabernacles is one of the three Appointed Times when the Lord said He would meet with His people and bless them in extraordinary ways.
God clearly instructed His children that these are to be perpetual feasts, for all generations (Leviticus 23:40-41). Yes, there is a blessing in store for us when we commemorate the perpetual feasts, celebrations, and holy convocations God designated as His Appointed Times.
God promises in Exodus 23 and Leviticus 23 that if we bring our offerings and obey what He’s told us to do, He will pour out seven specific covenant promises in our lives:
- An angel of God will be assigned to protect you and lead you to your miracles.
- God will be an enemy to your enemies.
- The Lord will prosper you.
- God will take sickness away from you.
- You will not die before your appointed time.
- Increase and an inheritance will be yours.
- What the enemy has stolen will be returned to you.
As wonderful as these blessings are, God amazingly offers us seven additional “double portion” blessings when we observe the Feast of Tabernacles.
A Double Portion of Blessings
Joel 2 has many parallels to the “Days of Awe” leading up to the Day of Atonement and Feast of Tabernacles. Just prior to the Day of Atonement and Tabernacles, the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) sounded an alarm and called people to sober soul-searching. In the same way, Joel 2 begins with a call to repentance, fasting, and holiness: “Blow the trumpet in Zion” (v. 1) …“Consecrate a fast, proclaim a solemn assembly, gather the people, sanctify the congregation” (vs. 15-16 NASB).
This passage goes on to list seven special “double portion” blessings the Lord wants to provide for His people during the Feast of Tabernacles:
- A double portion. “He will cause the rain to come down for you—the former rain, and the latter rain in the first month” (v. 23 KJV). Although the periods of the former and latter rains were usually separated by many months, God wants to give you a double blessing during the Feast of Tabernacles so you can receive both of these outpourings of provision “in the first month.” This double portion was of great practical necessity to the Israelites, because the harvest blessings of the Feast of Tabernacles season had to last them a longer period than the interval between Passover and Pentecost (just 50 days) or between Pentecost and Tabernacles (about four months).
- Financial prosperity. “The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, and the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil” (v. 24 NKJV).
- Restoration. “I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten” (v. 25 NKJV).
- Special miracles. “You shall … praise the name of the Lord your God, who has dealt wondrously with you” (v. 26 NKJV) … “and I will show wonders” (v. 30 NKJV).
- God’s presence and favor. “You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel … My people shall never be put to shame” (v. 27 NKJV).
- Blessings for your sons and daughters. “Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy … your young men shall see visions” (v. 28 NKJV).
- Deliverance from harm or oppression. “Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be delivered” (v. 32 NASB).
What a fantastic list of promises! With every promise from God, there is the provision to bring it to pass.
But notice that the Lord is not depending on you to bring His promises to pass. He’s depending on Himself! All you have to do to activate the promises is to obey His instructions.
Honoring God’s Appointed Times
In order to unlock the “double portion” of blessings God has in mind for us, it’s crucial that we fulfill His conditions. Deuteronomy 16:16 says, “They shall not appear before the Lord empty-handed.” At these special times each year, the Israelites were to present their sacrifices and offerings to the Lord from the seeds they had sown and the harvest He had given them.
Do you want to reap God’s best? Do you want to see Him move in your life as never before? Then begin now to prepare your heart and your special offering to the Lord.
I’m convinced that if you need a miracle breakthrough in your body … your relationship with the Lord … your marriage … your children … your emotions … or your finances, this is your opportunity to obey God and receive His Double Portion blessings!
I am standing with you, believing God to give you amazing breakthroughs during this very special season on His calendar. Don’t delay or procrastinate! The sooner you take a step of faith to obey the Lord, the sooner your breakthrough will come.
God bless you!
David Cerullo is the founder, chairman, and CEO of Inspiration Ministries, located in Indian Land, South Carolina – a ministry dedicated to impacting people for Christ worldwide through media. The son of international evangelist Morris Cerullo, David took a less traditional approach to ministry, graduating from Oral Roberts University with a degree in business administration and management. He has authored over 20 books, and operates a global media ministry that powerfully impacts the world for Christ. More from David on Inspiration.org.
If you would like one of our anointed prayer ministers to support you as you lift your voice in prayer, please click on the link below.
US / Canada:
UK / International:
+44 (0) 84 5683 0584
You can watch our powerful programming on either Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, via livestream at ini.tv/livestream, or on the Inspiration TV mobile app — click here for all the ways to watch!