Numerous Old Testament prophecies were fulfilled by Jesus, reminding us that we can depend on God to faithfully carry out every promise He’s made to us. The Bible foretold that the Messiah would be…
- Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14).
- Born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2).
- Born of the lineage of Abraham and David (Genesis 22:18, Jeremiah 23:5).
- Anointed by the Holy Spirit to perform miracles (Isaiah 35:4-6, 61:1-3).
- Preceded by a messenger to prepare His way (Isaiah 40:3).
- Betrayed by a friend for 30 pieces of silver (Psalm 55:12-14, Zechariah 11:12).
- Rejected by His own people and then wounded, bruised, and pierced as the sacrifice for our sins (Isaiah 53:1-12, Psalm 22:16). He would then rise from the dead and ascend to the right hand of God in Heaven (Psalm 16:10, 68:18, 110:1).
In the final 24 hours of Jesus’ life, 29 specific Old Testament prophecies were fulfilled, and these amazing predictions came through several different people over the course of five centuries from 1000 to 500 BC.
Mathematicians have calculated that the odds of Jesus fulfilling only eight of the Messianic prophecies would be one out of 1017 (a one followed by 17 zeros). This is equivalent to covering the entire state of Texas with silver dollars two feet deep, marking one of them and mixing it up with the others, and then having a blindfolded person select the marked coin at random!
Just as your Heavenly Father could look down through the centuries and foresee the details of Jesus’ life, nothing in your life is catching Him by surprise.
The same God who fulfilled His promises in intricate detail in the life of His Son Jesus will be faithful to fulfill every promise of His Word for YOU today!
If you’re ready to receive the greatest miracle of all time—the miracle of sins forgiven and the gift of eternal life—then you can take care of that right now. Click below to learn more.