As a believer, you have been saved by God’s amazing grace. Even though you still have to live in a sin and disease-filled world, your spirit has been set free because of your new life in Christ. But what about your emotions that may still be suffering from painful experiences in your past or present—negative emotions that may be affecting your physical body?
Following are six steps that will help you walk through the valley of emotional or physical sickness and arise in a place of healing:
1. Set aside time every day to be alone with God. Quiet yourself before the Lord: “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).
2. Place a “No Trespassing” sign on your heart and mind. Shut the door on negative feelings and thoughts: “Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life” (Proverbs 4:23).
3. Choose carefully how you spend your time. Set a schedule that will develop spiritual growth and physical health: “So teach us to number our days, that we may present to Thee a heart of wisdom” (Psalm 90:12).
4. Know your limits. Don’t overextend yourself and take on more than you can handle: “For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust” (Psalm 103:14).
5. Allow peace to fill your heart rather than fear; and be thankful. “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful” (Colossians 3:15).
6.Decide that you will worship instead of worry. “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
As you apply these steps to your life and as you rest in His presence, His healing power will come.
If you would like one of our anointed prayer ministers to support you as you lift your voice in prayer, please click on the link below.
US / Canada:
UK / International:
+44 (0) 84 5683 0584
You can watch our powerful programming on either Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, via livestream at ini.tv/livestream, or on the Inspiration TV mobile app — click here for all the ways to watch!