Recession, inflation, and economic hard times have been with mankind since virtually the beginning of time. They’re not new situations demanding new solutions.
If you want to live a more prosperous life, all you need to do is look to His Word. Biblical answers to conquering dire economic conditions appear early in the book of Genesis:
And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham (Genesis 26:1).
God’s Word abounds with answers that guarantee financial blessing and prosperity. Take a look at the following to get started on your journey of discovery:
- God Gives: Throughout the scriptural record, God reveals Himself to be the one who gives lavishly. We should give generously because we know that this is the Godly way to fulfill God’s law of sowing and reaping.
- God Commands Us To Give: From Old Testament tithing and lavish giving for the tabernacle and temple to the many New Testament instructions, God repeatedly commands us to give: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house” (Malachi 3:10).
- We Love With God’s Love: God gave, not because of any self-seeking reason, but because of His great love. When we are filled with God’s love, we too, will want to give.
- We Are Thankful: The Bible repeatedly speaks of thanksgiving and offerings given in gratitude for what God has done.
- We Desire To Help Those In Need: The first Christians accepted that they had a duty to give to those in need, to travelling ministries, and to the impoverished believers in Israel.
- We Want To Lay Up Heavenly Treasure: Instead of hoarding temporary, earthly resources, we want to establish eternal credit by giving to God’s work.
- We Want Our Needs Supplied: God promises to supply all our needs when we give His way: “And he sought God . . . and as long as he sought the Lord, God made him to prosper” (II Chronicles 26:5).
While these examples are not listed in any order of importance, they all have something to do with your relationship with the Lord and His Word. Exodus 23:25 tells you to “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessings will be on your food and water.”
God Will Do His Part If You Do Your Part
If you’ve found yourself not worshipping the Lord in ways that honor Him, or you’ve let your heart turn away from Him in disobedience, God wants to forgive you. He wants to reconcile with you:
“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ and hath given us the ministry of reconciliation” (2 Corinthians 5:18).
If you want to live prosperously, your relationship with the Lord must be in order. If you‘d like to renew or build on that relationship, we’ve provided a link below to take that step.
If you would like one of our anointed prayer ministers to support you as you lift your voice in prayer, please click on the link below.
US / Canada:
UK / International:
+44 (0) 84 5683 0584
Be inspired and encouraged by this wonderful story exclusively on our 24/7 Christian network, Inspiration TV and our new Video on Demand (VOD). You can watch our powerful programming on either Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, via livestream at ini.tv/livestream, or on the Inspiration TV mobile app — click here for all the ways to watch!