If you’re one of the precious few who have chosen to press into God’s presence, here are five divine principles that can easily be incorporated into your daily living to help you grow even closer in your relationship with Him.
Not only are they simple, but when practiced with dedication, they become unconscious habits — much like the air you breathe!
- Have a Dedicated Time. Having a dedicated time each day to spend with the Lord is the first principle for forming the habit of being alone with Him. Choose a time of day to be with God, and then stick to it. Make a daily appointment with Him. Schedules may change, but make sure that any changes to your time with Him are the exception rather than the rule.
- Have a Special Place. Decide where your “Holy of Holies” will be, and then go there every day so He can “meet with you and speak with you” there (Exodus 25:22). It doesn’t really matter where it is, so long as it’s a place that’s quiet and peaceful for you.
- Be Free from Interruptions. Make sure your time with Him is free from interruptions. We all know what it’s like to be in the middle of a conversation when someone’s cell phone rings and they stop talking to us to answer it. Likewise, when that happens while we’re communicating with the Lord, it conveys a message that we’re really not paying attention to Him. Time with the Lord needs to be focused, directed, and uninterrupted.
- Let the Holy Spirit Dictate your Body and Soul. There will be days when you don’t feel like entering into His presence or being alone with Him because you’re too stressed, tired, or busy. On days like this, you can’t arrive at your decision to spend intimate time with Him based on your feelings. Instead, allow the Holy Spirit to lead you to His presence, regardless of whether you feel like it or not!
- Spend Meaningful Time with the Lord. If you desire intimacy with someone, you must be willing to invest meaningful time into the relationship. This is true if it’s a relationship between a husband and wife, a parent and a child, or two friends. And it’s especially true if you want an intimate relationship with God. Spending meaningful time in His presence is a choice and a decision. It’s a response to His invitation when He calls you to “come away” and be alone with Him (Song of Solomon 2:10). As you respond to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, your time alone with Him will become more meaningful!
Life can be hard. There are challenges and disappointments all around. They can be related to your finances, job, health, family, or friends. But with the help of God’s grace and strength, the joy of His presence in your life will help you achieve victory over any obstacle you encounter!
All He asks is that you nurture your relationship with Him and trust in Him to be in control!
If you would like one of our anointed prayer ministers to support you as you lift your voice in prayer, please click on the link below.
US / Canada:
UK / International:
+44 (0) 84 5683 0584
You can watch our powerful programming on either Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Chromecast, via livestream at ini.tv/livestream, or on the Inspiration TV mobile app — click here for all the ways to watch!